Friday, May 3, 2013

Time out to Stitch

Hi where have I been?

In April I have been in Ashburton at Annies country quilt store taking a class with Australian Tutor Annie Downs, 3 other friends joined me and we had a blast.  Its amazing how a few days away feels like weeks.

Annie showed us 3 new patterns she designed, a clasp change purse, bag, zip change purse.  These new projects are apparently going to be in her new book out next year.

Annie Downs Class April 2013

Annie Downs - Bag



 
 
As it was the school holidays we headed to Arrowtown, Central Otago to our wee bach to relax and attend a conference for my husband.  While there the kids and mum and dad did a spot of horse riding, this has been high on the childrens agenda all summer, so I finally got on a horse and quite enjoyed it.  The scenery was beautiful.
 



 
Then we headed to Dunedin Otago to drop off University daughter and to have some shopping and cultural events. 
Now we are home I don't know where to start, housework or studio, well the studio won today and tomorrow I have a couple of ladies coming to stitch, perhaps Sunday it will be cleaning and unpacking day.  Until next time happy stitching.
 
PS I have worked on the Red Home its coming along nicely and also the Down in the Garden, Just delicious, pity I didn't get in my actual garden as much
 
Happy Stitching
 
 

No comments: