Friday, March 11, 2016

Blooming Felt .... divine blooms

This week I was lucky enough to secure a place in a class with Wendy Williams whom the Stitching Post in Arrowtown was hosting.  A friend and I headed off to stay in our little abode and stitch to our hearts content,  Along with sunshine and stitching what more could a girl want?

Wendy Williams was a fabulous tutor and we had a lot of fun creating shapes and embellishing these ready to stitch onto a project.

Here are some of Wendy's quilts, we even got to see some new ones which I cannot show you as she hasn't released them yet.






I was so busy stitching and creating I just plain forgot to get photos of the quilts in full.
I did however photograph my work in progress.







This is a very addictive process and extremely portable so I can see this will go into the portable projects box ready to grab at a moments notice for those pickups and sports days and whenever I need to be occupied.

I also grabbed the odd pattern of Wendy's as you know girls you have to support these designers especially when they are so divine.



The photos do not do the patterns justice but as i need to run now and do lunches breakfast they will have to do until i show you my finished projects, haha hopefully they won't sit too long in the cupboard.


Happy stitching
Sharon







2 comments:

Deb R said...

Ohh what wonderful quilts! Cant wait to see the final result!

Algodão Tão Doce said...


"Ontem foi embora.Amanhã ainda não veio. Temos somente hoje, comecemos!!!Qualquer ato
de amor, por menor que seja, é um trabalho pela paz" (Madre Teresa de Calcutá)
Fico sempre feliz com sua doce presença lá no meu cantinho! Obrigada!

Um grande abraço querida, Marie.