Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Xmas Reindeer.......and an engagement.. whew

Good Morning,  I am able to show you my reindeer I made as a secret santa present. This was handed out Monday night at our Xmas drinks...  We are all such a clever group and all make such lovely things and luckily we all received a lovely handmade gift each.  About 6 months ago whoever wished to participate chose a book of their own that had handmade Xmas items in it.  We named them and put them in a box and secretly I handed out these individual books.  You didn't know who you would get at the time, you then chose something in the book and made this for the person chosen.  We opened these last night and it was a lovely night.  Liz had decorated her house in her Xmas decorations and it was just lovely, loved your house Liz... I don't know why but I did not take any photos!!  My brain is a bit dead at the moment..

Here is my item I made....



On another note an engagement has happened in our house this week also.. can't wait to catch my breath next Friday...

I mentioned yesterday that the lovely Ankit and Hannah got engaged......whew what a whirlwind week, not any time to even take photos as they were headed back to Queenstown to work,  Will see them again at Xmas..  Here is a photo from Graduation Day....




On the last note we have been having lovely weather down here and the sun has been shining... it feels like summer...

Merry Xmas
Hope you catch a few minutes to stitch in the week ahead






3 comments:

Leeanne said...

Lovely cute reindeer! Exciting times ahead for your family! Gosh we have wintery wet windy weather in the north!

Raewyn said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! How exciting!! The book in the bag idea is a good one - a bit easier perhaps than trying to pluck ideas out of thin air! Your reindeer turned out so cute and I also love the topiary trees from your last post- did you make the cardinal as well?

Dasha said...

What a sweet little reindeer! And a wedding to look forward to and plan. Exciting.